Election Day: 26th May 2019
Polling Hours: 08:00 AM to 06:00 PM Sunday
The European Parliament Elections in Germany are scheduled to be held on Sunday 26th May 2019. Germany represents the European Parliament with 96 MEP’s. For these 96 MEP seats 1380 Candidates are contesting from 41 Political Parties across the Germany. The 2019 Elections for European Parliament are to be held to form the 9th European Parliament. The polling for the 96 Member of European Parliament seats is on Sunday 26th May and the polling starts at sharp 08:00 AM and ends at 06:00 PM local time.Sponsored Links
2019 European Parliament Election Germany Highlights:
- 64.8 Million Germans are eligible to vote in European Parliament Elections to represent 96 MEP’s on behalf of them.
- Apart from the Germans around 3.8 Million European Union Member States Citizens are eligible to vote in the European Parliament Election who live in Germany.
- Till now there are 3.9 Million first voters in Germany who may cast their valuable vote in this election.
- 1380 Candidates are contesting in the European Parliament Election from 41 political parties.
- 72000 Polling Stations are arranged across the Germany.
Major Political Parties in Germany for 2019 European Parliament Elections:
- CDU Party
- SPD Party
- Green Party
- FDP Party
- The LEFT Party
- Christian Social Union Party
- Free Voter Party
- Tierschutzpartei Party
- Family Party
- Pirates Party
- ODP Party
- AFD Party
- NPD Party
- The Party
European Elections Electoral System in Germany:
In Germany the Member of European Parliament MEP’s are elected by the eligible electorate of Germany and the European Union Member State Citizens who are living in Germany and intends to vote they are eligible to cast their vote. The European Parliament Elections Electoral system is based on the PR System -Proportional Representation. In Germany the electorate of Germany cast their vote to the Land Lists of Candidates.
2014 European Parliament Election Results Germany:
There are 96 Member of European Parliament seats which represent from Germany. In the 2014 European Parliament Elections the CDU Party won 29 MEP’s where SPD party won 27 MEP’s, Green Party won 11 MEP’s seats, The Left Party and AFD Party won 7 Seats each, Christian Social Union Party won 5 seats, FDP party won 3 seats and the remaining parties shared 1 seat each.
|Political Party||MEP Seats Won||Total Votes||Polling Percentage|
|The LEFT Party||7||2168455||7.4%|
|Christian Social Union Party||5||1567448||5.3%|
|Free Voter Party||1||428800||1.5%|