One of the voting options in UK elections is voting by Post. To vote by post one must apply for the postal vote before the elections. The UK Citizens can apply for a Postal vote when they are away from home and when they are living in abroad. You can get a postal vote easily if you are from England, Scotland, and Wales but to get a postal vote in Northern Ireland then you must provide a strong reason. Who can Vote in UK Elections
How to Vote by Proxy in UK General Election 2019 Explained on YouTube:Sponsored Links
How to vote by Proxy in UK Elections?
- After applying for the proxy vote you will receive the proxy poll card.
- visit the polling station in between 7:00 AM and 10:00 PM local time on the Election Day.
- After entering into the polling station you need to tell the name and address of the voter for whom you are acting as s proxy.
- The polling staff after confirming your details in the electoral register will issue a ballot paper.
- Ballot paper consists of the list of Candidates or list of Parties or the symbols or options to cast your vote.
- After taking the ballot paper, proceed to the polling booth.
- Polling booth is a private place where you can cast your valuable vote without others interference.
- Now go through the voting instructions which are present on the top of the ballot paper.
- Now cast your vote by marking ballot paper and drop the ballot paper into the ballot box.
There are other ways to vote in UK elections they are:
When Can a UK Citizen Vote by Proxy?
If you are a UK Citizen and wondering to apply for a Proxy vote, you can apply for one when
- you are away from home
- when you are living abroad
- when you are at work
- when you are learning a course
- when you are working in overseas
- British Council Employee
- Crown Servant
To get a proxy vote in northern Ireland you have apply for one 14 days before the election day. To apply for Proxy vote in England, Scotland, and Wales one must apply 6 days before the election day.
Should I Apply for Proxy Vote for Once or every election?
Proxy Vote is a voting option with the help of which one can vote with the help of other person. Depending on your requirement and your convenience to vote by proxy option one must apply for the proxy vote for each election cause the proxy vote applied once will be valid for that election.Sponsored Links
How to Apply for a Proxy Vote Online?
- Download the Proxy vote application form.
- Complete the application form
- Submit the completely filled proxy vote application form at your electoral registration office.
Who can act as a Proxy?
Any UK Citizen but he/she must be registered to vote and they must be eligible to vote in the same type of election.
Ways to Get on the Electoral Register UK:
- Register to vote Online
- Register to Vote by Post
- Register to Vote in Person at Electoral Registration Office
- Register to vote Anonymously
There are different type of elections held in the UK. The first and foremost thing one should remember is one must register to vote first before thinking of voting in UK elections. If you are planning to register to vote then you must fulfil the following criteria.
- If you are living in England or Wales or Northern Ireland then you can apply for voter registration when you are 16 years old.
- You must be 14 years old to register to vote if you are living in Scotland.
- If you are living in England or Wales or Northern Ireland you can register to vote at 16 years but you will be eligible to vote when you become 18.
- If you are living in Scotland you can register to vote at 14 years but you will be eligible to vote when you become 16.
UK General ElectionResults:Sponsored Links