How to Register to Vote UK Online?
The Government of UK accepts the voter registration mainly in 3 ways. The simple way to register to Vote in UK is through online though you can register to vote in person or by post. If you are wondering to register to vote in UK then you are obviously in the right place because through this article we are providing complete information on how to register to vote online and the requirements for the registration of vote in UK. While applying for the voter registration in UK the only thing you need is your National Insurance number if you are living in UK besides the national insurance number you need to provide your passport number if you are living outside the UK. Who can Vote in UK Elections
UK General Election Results 2019:Sponsored Links
Register to Vote UK Online Now:
- Visit the UK Government website.
- Choose Voting option from the main menu.
- A Online voting window will be displayed.
- Select Register to Vote in UK option.
- Register to vote online window will be displayed.
- Hit the Start button to register to vote online.
- Voter registration online application window will be displayed.
- Select your living place in UK and click the continue button.
- Now select your Nationality and click the continue button.
- After selecting the nationality, enter your date of birth and click the continue button.
- Enter your first name, middle name and last name and click the continue button.
- Enter your living address in UK and click the continue button.
- Enter your national insurance number and click the continue button.
- A window will be displayed with all the details you have entered, check it and click the submit button to confirm the voter registration online.
- A confirmation window will be displayed indicating your online voter registration.
Register to vote Online UK – https://www.gov.uk/register-to-voteSponsored Links
Other Ways to Get on the Electoral Register UK:
- Register to Vote by Post
- Register to Vote in Person at Electoral Registration Office
- Register to vote Anonymously
Voting Options in UK Elections:
There are different voting options provided by the Government of UK to the eligible voters of UK they are:
Who Can Register to vote in UK?
The UK Citizens who attained the age of 16 years living in UK and overseas can register to vote in UK though you will be allowed to vote after attaining 18 years.
- 16 years if you live in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
- 14 years if you live in Scotland.
Register to Vote Online Requirements in UK:
- National Insurance number – if you are living in UK
- National Insurance number & Passport – If you are living abroad.
At What Age A UK Citizen Register to Vote UK?
According to the Constitutional law of UK the Nationals of UK can register to vote at 16 years. The nationals of UK can apply vote at 16 years but the voters in between 16 years and 18 years they will be eligible for voting in some elections only. The registered voters after getting 18 years they will be eligible to cast their vote in all the elections conducted in UK.Sponsored Links
Can a British Register to vote if he/she is Living Abroad?
Yes you can register to vote. After attaining 16 years of age you can register to vote. While applying for the voter registration you need to provide national insurance number along with your passport.
What Happens if a British don’t register to vote after getting 16 years?
If you are a British, and you are 16 or over then you must be registered to vote to include your name in the electoral register. The name in the electoral register enables the British to vote in the UK elections. If you are asked to register to vote then you must register to vote otherwise you will be fined. Fine is exceptional when you have a strong reason for not registering to vote.
How Would I Know if I am Registered to Vote UK or Not?
If you are registered to vote then the next moment your name and address will be displayed in the Electoral Register. If you want you can check and confirm your voter registration status online. Before the elections the local electoral registration office will send you polling card which contains the information like where to vote and when to vote.Sponsored Links
Download Register to Vote UK Application Sample Form:Sponsored Links Sponsored Links Register to Vote UK Application Sample Form: Sponsored Links